Changes to this Notice
When Grip collects information about you other than through Grip’s websites, Grip will first obtain your permission to do so, if required by applicable law. However, by using Grip’s websites on which this notice is posted, you agree that this notice governs Grip’s collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information submitted to Grip on or through the websites. If you do not agree to be bound by this notice, you will need to deactivate your account and stop using the Grip Services.
Grip collects information about you from various sources and methods. You may choose to submit information to Grip via Grip’s website, in connection with the use of Grip’s Services, when you participate in an offer or promotion, or in connection with an actual or potential business relationship with Grip. Grip also may obtain information about you from companies that use Grip’s products or services, publicly available information systems, consumer reporting agencies, and other commercial information services. Below are the types of information Grip may collect:
- Registration Information: Grip obtains information to create a profile for you with information such as name, email address, phone, and company name.
- Log Information: Grip retains information about you when you access and use Grip Services. This information can include the following: IP address, timestamps, browser information, Internet Service Provider “ISP”, Web Pages visited, and URL of the Web Page you visited before navigating to Grip.
- Usage Information: Grip monitors user activity in connection with Grip Services and may collect information about the applications and features you use, websites you visit, as well as types and amount of Grip Services you use.
- Crash or error information: If the Grip Services crash or return an error, Grip may collect data to determine the cause of the error using first-,or third-party services. The crash or error information collected may include the following: Device Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, device name, operating system version, application configurations(s), the time and date, and other statistics.
- Shipment Information: Grip stores information which allows Grip to provide logistics services. Grip obtains information including but not limited to:
- Shipment contact information (such as name, postal or email address, and phone or fax number)
- Business contact information (such as job title, department, and name of organization)
- Government-issued identification documents (such as a driver’s license or other required documents to verify your identity for the purposes of conducting customs business on your behalf)
- Country of origin information (from which country you are accessing the website)
- Financial information (such as financial account information used for payment purposes and/or information that may be contained in a consumer report)
- Contact information for colleagues, business partners or other people you would like Grip to contact
- Content you provide (such as photographs, articles, and comments)
- Mobile device unique identifier
- Geo-location data
- Other information
- Job Applicant Information: Grip obtains information about you when you apply for a job or other role with Grip, which may include personal identifiers, professional or employment-related information, and education information.
Grip uses this information to process your requests and to deliver online and mobile advertisements, messages and content for Grip and others that are specific to your interests. The information Grip collect from your web browser and from Cookies and Other Technologies does not identify you personally but in some cases, Grip may link it to personally identifiable information.
Below Grip explains the different types of cookies that may be used on the site.
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies. Disabling these Cookies may make the services and features unavailable.
Preference cookies enable a website to remember information that changes the way the website behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region you are in. Some Preference cookies are essential to viewing maps or videos on Grip’s website.
Statistics cookies help collect information about your use of the website and enable Grip to improve the way the website works. These cookies give Grip aggregated information that Grip uses to monitor site performance, count page visits, spot technical errors, see how users reach the website, and measure the effectiveness of marketing (including emails).
Marketing cookies are used to show users display advertisements across websites such as those on Facebook, LinkedIn, or other websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third-party advertisers. Grip does not display ads for any services besides its own.
Unclassified cookies are cookies that Grip are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
Grip offers you the choice in receiving communications from us, generally by offering an “opt in” or an “opt out” option, depending on applicable law, when you provide contact information through one of Grip’s websites. Additionally, Grip includes an “unsubscribe” link in Grip’s electronic newsletters or promotional emails. These options allow you to inform Grip on how you want to receive communications. In addition, you may opt out of Grip communications by emailing privacy@Gripshipping.com.
You may opt out of behaviorally targeted ads anytime by clearing your cache of your browser’s cookies. Additionally, you may opt-out of interest-based advertising from some third-party partners by visiting http://preferences-mgr.truste.com, http://www.youronlinechoices.eu, or the third-party provider’s websites. Please note that opting-out will only prevent targeted ads so you may continue to see generic (non-targeted ads) after you opt-out.
Some browsers offer a “do not track” (“DNT”) option. Since no common industry or legal standard for DNT has been adopted by industry groups, technology companies or regulators, Grip does not respond to DNT signals. Grip will make efforts to continue to monitor developments around DNT browser technology and the implementation of a standard.
By accessing or using the Grip Services or otherwise providing information to Grip, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries and territories, which may have different privacy laws from your country of residence.
Use of Your Information
Grip may use the information Grip obtain about you to:
- provide the information, products and services you request;
- provide you, if you are a client, with effective customer service;
- provide Grip’s customers, carriers, and warehouses with shipment information such as location;
- provide you with a personalized experience when you use Grip’s website;
- contact you with special offers and other information Grip believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- contact you with information and notices related to your use of Grip’s products and services, including Grip’s website;
- invite you to participate in surveys and provide feedback to Grip (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- better understand your needs and interests;
- improve Grip’s products and services and develop new products and services;
- improve Grip’s marketing and promotional efforts;
- improve the content, functionality and usability of the website;
- evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with Grip;
- help you, if you are a Grip employee, perform your job functions and to manage Grip’s workforce;
- promote security; to protect against and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities; and to manage corporate risk exposure;
- meet Grip’s internal and external audit obligations; and
- use for any other purpose for which Grip provide notice at the time of collection.
Information Grip Shares
If you are performing services directly or indirectly for Grip and using an application provided by Grip, then Grip may collect information for the purpose of providing information to Grip’s carriers, warehouses, and customers. Grip may also share your personal information with third-party vendors that perform tasks on Grip’s behalf and under Grip’s instruction. These third-party vendors may use your personal information only in connection with the services they perform on Grip’s behalf, and they are bound to protect your personal information in a manner consistent with Grip’s own policies and practices. On Grip’s website, you may have an opportunity to post user-generated content using social networking tools available on those sites. If you take advantage of this opportunity, remember that the user-generated content you post is available to others who visit the website and therefore you should have no expectation of privacy with respect to such content. In addition, you may choose to use certain features on Grip’s website for which Grip partner with other entities. These features, which may include social networking and geographic location tools, are operated by third parties that are not affiliated with Grip. These third parties may use personal information in accordance with their own privacy policies. On sites on which these features are offered, the relevant third parties are identified. Grip strongly suggest you review the third parties’ privacy policies if you use the relevant features.
Grip may also disclose information about you when Grip, in good faith, believes disclosure is appropriate to comply with the law, a court order, or a subpoena. Grip may also disclose information about you to prevent or investigate a possible crime, such as fraud or identity theft; to protect the security of Grip’s website; to enforce or apply Grip’s websites’ Terms and Conditions or other agreements; or to protect Grip’s own rights or property or the rights, property or safety of Grip’s users or others. Grip will attempt to notify users about legal demands for their personal data when appropriate in Grip’s judgment, unless prohibited by law or court order or when the request is an emergency. Grip may dispute such demands when Grip believe, in Grip’s discretion, that the requests are overbroad, vague or lack proper authority.
Change of Control
Grip also reserve the right to transfer information about you to a successor organization if, Grip transfer the ownership or operation of one of Grip’s websites to another organization or if Grip merges with another organization. If such a transfer occurs, Grip will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to Grip in a manner consistent with this policy. Following such a sale or transfer, you may contact the entity to which Grip transferred your personal information with any inquiries concerning the processing of that information.
Grip takes security seriously and has implemented administrative, physical, and technological measures to protect your information from unauthorized access, loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration and destruction. If you wish to report a security concern or if you have a question around security, please submit your inquiry to privacy@Gripshipping.com.
Policy Regarding Children
The Grip Services is directed to individuals at the age of 18 and over. Grip does not knowingly collect personal data from individuals under the age of 18 (“Children”). If Grip become aware of individuals who have provided Grip with personal data and are under the age of 18, Grip will take steps to deactivate the account and delete the personal data. If you become aware of information from individuals under the age of 18 which has been provided to Grip, please contact Grip at privacy@Gripshipping.com.
Promotional and Newsletter Communications
Grip newsletters and marketing emails include the option to opt-out of receiving any further emails. You may also opt-out of receiving specific promotional emails by emailing privacy@Gripshipping.com. Grip may still send non-promotional communications such as security alerts, product updates, or notices related to Grip’s ongoing business relationship.
Community Forums and Blogs
Grip’s website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal data from Grip’s blog or testimonials, contact privacy@Gripshipping.com.
Grip displays personal testimonials of satisfied customers on Grip’s website in addition to other endorsements. With your consent, Grip may post your testimonial along with your name.
Your Privacy Rights
You have certain rights regarding the personal information Grip maintain about you. Grip offers you certain choices about what personal data Grip collect from you, how Grip uses that information, and how Grip communicates with you. If at any time you wish to exercise your rights, please reach out to privacy@Gripshipping.com:
- Information and access: You can request to see which personal data Grip processes from you. Grip can inform you on how and why Grip processes this data unless restricted by law, or if Grip is unable to verify your identity.
- Submitting information: You may refrain from submitting information directly to Grip, although doing so may impact Grip’s ability to provide the products, services, and information you request and/or affect your ability to use Grip Services.
- Rectification: You may request to update or correct the personal data Grip maintains for you.
- Right to be forgotten/request deletion: You may request deletion of your personal data. Grip may ask you for additional information to verify your identity and will process your request subject to and in accordance with law.
- Restriction: You may request the limitation on the processing of your personal data.
- Restricting cookies: You may elect not to have a unique cookie identification number assigned to your computer to avoid aggregation and analysis of data collected on Grip’s websites. Generally, if you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to deny cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer.
- Objection: You may remove your consent for the processing of your personal data.
- Transferability: You may request to transfer your personal data.
Personal Data Retention
Grip will retain information required to comply with privacy requests, manage active accounts, as required by law, in order to resolve disputes or enforce Grip’s agreements. Grip will retain personal data Grip process on behalf of Grip’s clients as directed by them. Grip may also retain copies of your information for disaster recovery purposes.
Links to Third Party Websites
Grip may place links on the Grip Services. When you click on a link to a third-party website from Grip’s website, your activity and use on the linked website is governed by that website’s policies, not by those of Grip. Grip encourages you to visit their websites and review their privacy and user policies.
Grip Shipping, Inc.
Attn: Privacy Team
801 Brickell Ave
Miami, FL 33130